resource bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resource bug

In my latest game I had access to two sources of bronze (or whatever the resourse is that you discover with bronzeworking), both mined and connected by road to most cities. At the outbreak of a war one source was razed, road and mine. The other source remained untouched. However, I was unable to build any axemen in any city. Even the ones still connected to the second source of bronze - an obvious bug.

Did anyone have similar problems?

Sorry, if this has been discussed, but a search of the forum yielded only 19 threads and none contained any pertinent information.
    Persistance knows no defeat!
    (unknown)
    Gott gibt uns die Nüsse, aber er beißt sie uns nicht auf.
    (J. W. von Goethe)

Did you perhaps have a trade treaty with another civ trading the second bronze for some other resource (or gold) ?
    Your advisors will always try to honor the trade treaties you have with other AIs, even if it means that you won´t have anything ofd the resource left for yourself.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

yep i was thinking trade agreement too

pete
      regards,

Peter

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I'll check tonight - still at work.
        My hunch is that you are - of course - right.
        Persistance knows no defeat!
        (unknown)
        Gott gibt uns die Nüsse, aber er beißt sie uns nicht auf.
        (J. W. von Goethe)

Comment

I guess I could check myself, but I'm also at work. Do the resources listed on the right side in the diplo window show all your resources, or just the ones available to trade? If you have just one copper, does it show the one copper as available to trade.

I'm thinking it does and that might explain some odd situations where my nations health plummetted by trading away fresh fruits, etc.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Shogun, the diplomacy window shows all resources that you have, even if you only have 1.

Comment

Don't trade something you show (1) of unless you don't need it and don't want it.
              I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

I just got home and fired up cIV to check this out. You both are correct of course. For some reason, I was stuck in the Civ3 mode of thinking that only resources/luxuries beyond one would show. Sloppy civ playing on my part. Thanks!
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                X