Help! Arghhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Arghhh!

I have been trying to install the patch but I think the problem is serious. It must involve XP or something.

It keeps telling me that no version of Civ 4 is installed. And I can't find civ 4 in the registry. My windows is not even allowing me to get microsoft updates at the moment.

Also, I recently installed a new vid card.

GeForce Ti 4600, 128MB, AGP.

It looks fine, and it fixed my wonder movies and sounds. And now I don't have bread bug anymore.

However, after playing just one turn it locks up. Everytime. Or if I try a map it may lock up during the map creation.

My system specs are

P4 2.6 GHrz, 512 MB

Could my low ram have something to do with it???
    A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

did you have the two disk set or the dvd? sounds like you got an error during install and it missed out on adding registry information, I`ve had this with another game 9 not civ 4 though) you might have to uninstall civ 4 then run defrag install civ 4( reboot) install patch ( reboot)

Comment

Patch worked fine for me (used 'update' within the game) but it installed on c: instead of g: where my game is installed. I had to move all files from
      "c:\program\firaxis\civilization 4" to g:\civ4

If the registry havent updated after installing the game, methinks you have some other problems, yeah
      Good luck :/

Comment

Oh, I was gonna ask, anyone know where to run defrag from, I can't remember.

The game is working good now. I updated nvidia drivers to 81.95 and now my new 128 MB card works. Its running good, though I only have 512 MB which causes some slowness.

Yeah, I need to reinstall most likely, my play disk actually is asking me to install even though I have the game installed. Cause yeah, I can't play online with most people cause I not running 1.09, course that could mess my game up once I update.
        A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

Just hit the start button...hit run and type 'defrag'. It should fire straight up or you can goto My computer and right click on the HDD you want to maintain and goto properties and you will get a couple of tools and cleanout utils and some space info about yr HDD.

Comment

Working...
          X