Game freezes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezes...

I have a P4 2.8 gig processor, 1gig of Ram, and a 6600GT video card. I downloaded the newest patch and the game will freeze after 2 or 3 turns. When it freezes I can't get out of the game CTRL, ALT, DEL does nothing I have to turn the computer off to get out of the game. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy

I'm getting freeze ups similar to yours and reboots.

Windows XP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+
    512 MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420

My video card is on the older side, but still within the requirements and has the most recent driver.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Power off

Seriously though since the patch any late game huge maps will freeze for me too including sleeping my monitor. Maybe 1.10 will solve all our problems by not even loading the game .

Comment

Even with the patch, I still have this problem. Set up a new game, get all the way to the end (usually even to the point of being able to see it autosave @ 4000 BC), and then my monitor goes to sleep.

I can reboot and load the game then, but what would cause that to happen?!

Comment

Similar problem. Not sure what changed post patch, but while the game tends to function somewhat more smoothly, once it crashes, it crashes hard. Instead of the graphics glitch of a black screen, I get a literal black screen (monitor flicker) followed by a reboot. Occasionally the old cheshire cat type glitch rears its ugly head but the cache delete seems to have filtered that out (except in MP). But a hard freeze or crash is basically unprecedented.. I haven't rebooted my computer this much in years.
          Every man should have a college education in order to show him how little the thing is really worth.

Comment

Hey... New to the boards and I hate to start things off by whining, but I feel like I'm fighting Frozone from the Incredibles here.

My symptoms are similar to the original poster. The game freezes with some garbled sound but the animations keep running. The only way out is to reboot manually CTRL+ALT+Delete does nothing for me either. I've never had the game reboot my machine it just locks up. The frequency of these lock ups seems random, sometimes within 5 - 10min other times after hours. Is anyone else experiencing these lock ups?... Got a fix?... Or do I wait for a patch?

Specs:

P4 3.0C
            Asus P4800-E DX
            2GB RAM
            ATI AIW X800 XT
            Audigy 2
            All the latest drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X