Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!; Gamespy issue; Looking for players

Hi there!

First of all a big hello to everyone! After buying Civ4 recently and reading a lot of forum posts here I thought that it might be time to register myself now, since I have some questions that you might be able to help me with:

1)
    Although I have got a gamespy account, the login did not work (password and everything confirmed to be correct). As last resort I tried to register with the same nick / email / password again, and a new profile was created. Within Civ4 it looks fine . But when checking at gamespyid.com it looks like -TK.

Gamespy Arcade does not seem to support Civ 4 at all, although I saw some user roomss to join (but all empty)

It would be good to have only one profile because of the buddy lists and terms of administration

2)

Also Iam looking for some german (or anywhere in our timezone) players to setup a regular game (1-2 per week). You should not be an uber-player

Regards!
    Acenoid

Gamespy works flawlessly for many cIV players. However, there are reports of bugs that cause folks to be unceremoniously bumped off the gamespy site. Not sure what the problems are, but there are bug report threads detailing the experiences, so I hope Firaxis is able to repair this soon.

You are attempting to login via the cIV menu correct? I'm not sure what you mean about Gamespy Arcade.

I've noticed several different languages in the gamespy lobby -- pretty sure I saw some German a few times. There are also several Apolyton members who are German. Sir Ralph comes to mind -- there are several others. You shouldn't have any trouble located opponents using Apolyton and Gamespy to assist.

Welcome to Apolyton
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Thanks for your reply!

Gamespy arcarde is some client that finds open servers for you. Basicly same like the in-game Civ 4 client with support for more games.

//acenoid

Comment

Have you tried to enter the gamespy cIV lobby through the cIV menu? Does that work?

Also, if you are looking for players in the same time zone, there are a lot of British and Dutch members of Apolyton. A bunch from Norway-Sweden-Finland and even some from Poland.

Check out some of the PBEM forum threads to see some of these folks (both in Civ3 and Civ4 forums). Some of the threads are even marked "European" or something along those lines.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
        X