The starting civs places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The starting civs places

Did you noticed the starting civ places are always the same. The chinese are near persians, which are near Spain etc. There was such thing in the Civ 3, but then the starting palces were historic acurate. Now it seems they are not.

Erm, nope. I've had the civs start in very disparate areas. In my last game, in fact, Spain started very far from Persia.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I noticed that in my first 5 or 5 games, these civilizations were ALWAYS there...Persia, Spain, Egypt, Japan, Aztec, and India...which is all of the AI players...very interesting...

Comment

hmmm....if you threw Incas in there - I would agree. I've read in other threads were folks were suggesting that there were randomization problems during startup relating to the map and the civs.

Is this with v1.09, Handel?
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Until I started to play custom games, I had the Japanese in every game I played, and always with close borders through out the game.

Comment

I forgot to say my observations are for "Play Now" game, not for custom game.
            And yes, it is with 1.09

Comment

that experience is consistent with some of the other posts with the same complaint -- that is the "Play Now" option, but on v1.00

If that's still occuring with v1.09 that would be a problem. Sirian mentioned that they found something with the map generator not being "fully random". Hopefully they looked a little further at other randomization dependant variables.

Comment

I don't think they use two different randomisers for "Play now" and "custom game." In fact, that would be silly.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

that's a simplistic response.

As I know you understand, software coding has a lot of programming loops, variables, temp values, etc. Working out, and fixing every "code pathway" to produce the desired result is what is being discussed.

A lot of people are reporting this problem - so there is something causing it. Something undetermined from our vantage point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                    As I know you understand, software coding has a lot of programming loops, variables, temp values, etc. Working out, and fixing every "code pathway" to produce the desired result is what is being discussed.
                    You are talking about picking a number of computer players from a pool. That's child's play. That should be a module/function/etc. that's called when setting up the game.
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You are talking about picking a number of computer players from a pool.
                      no I'm not.

That should be a module/function/etc. that's called when setting up the game.
                      you are engaging in semantics.

Comment

no I'm not.
                        That is what the OP is about.

you are engaging in semantics.
                        No, I was talking about design, not semantics.

Comment

Just to inform you, I have never had any randomization problems. Never seen the same map, I see all kinds of different civs all the time, with the 'Play Now' option.

Comment

Yup

That's how randomness works - including having nearly an identical setup the next game.

Comment

Working...
                            X