Cheating source of gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating source of gold?

Everyone knows that if you are beaten to a Wonder, your production is converted to gold.

Did you know, however, that if you start production of a wonder then change your production after several turns, while starting to build the said wonder in a second city, when the wonder is completed in that second city, then the production you spent on the wonder in the previous city is still converted to gold?

Even though you are not building or even plan to build the wonder in that city?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

During the very early part of the game this might be considered an exploit, but once you can "build" wealth in a city (after currency) you gain less coin from failing the wonder than you would setting the city on wealth for the same amount of time.
    ---------Glossy
    "De maximus ni curat lex"--The law does not apply to giants.

Comment

I've used this in hammer-rich games, to get some extra coin to bump the research up. It's handy to just start a wonder when there is a gap in the research que. Sometimes the wonder might even finish if no-one else goes for it.

Comment

Not really an exploit, but just pragmatism I think.

Like Blake said, it's extremely useful in the early game. Instead of research gaps, I typically use it in city growth/production gaps. IE. if a city is growing in a few turns, but I want to build a worker/settler, I switch over to a wonder for a few turns, then build the worker.

On the other hand, I haven't tried this on Monarch yet, since my playstyle is still inconsistent on that level.

Comment

Working...
        X