Peace treaties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace treaties.

If you have a peace treaty for a period of time. (Like 10 turns) What do you have to do to break it? It appears the game can't count.

I don't think peace treaties work quite like other agreements. As far as I know, the 10-turn duration on the treaty is only there for exchanges, like "you pay me 100 gold per turn in exchange for peace". Those agreements can be ended after 10 turns without declaring war. Nothing stops you from declaring war before those 10 turns are up, though it might well cause a hit on the trade dealings standing in diplomacy.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

No, you cannot declare war for those 10 turns, period. And if they gave you money per turn that lasts the 10 turns also, it cannot be broken, the game doesnt alow it.

This was done to ruin my tactic of warring with a neighbor then declaring peace demanding that little island nation they made as tribute, then redeclaring war the next turn as to make it not neccesary to build boats to destroy this civ.

If you hover over there name it says right there "cannot declare war"
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

The problem is after10 turns.

After the 10 turn limit is up, I cant break the treaty. That is the problem. The treaty started on turn 242, and I tried to invade on turn 262.

It finally let me declair war after 27 turns, but I think the real reason was I moved my armies off of japan's border. Weird.
        Last edited by Jarkorsis; November 26, 2005, 16:52.

Comment

Working...
        X