AI Cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Cheat

On my current game again having trouble with Montezuma but soemthing odd happened to broker a peace i had to give him Guilds and within a turn he had a stack of Knights ...! he couldn't have had them before and he only had 10 gold when i made peace...does the ai have access to secret money or free upgrades...?

Level..?
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

He could have peddled it around for gold. He could have reduced spending elsewhere.

Comment

The AI also has significantly cheaper upgrade costs.

-Drachasor
        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

The AI is cheating????

First I have heard about it.

Comment

The AI also doesn't list the total amount of gold it has in the trade screen. The amount it lists is the amount it will trade, it very well may have more in reserve.

Bh

Comment

If it does, it doesn't list it in the WorldBuilder either.

Comment

I would think the tech whoring behavior from the AI is the likely answer here.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

level is prince

and i watched carefully as i gave Montey military tradition he had 10 gold and that turn all of his knights were upgraded to cavalry and he had a stack of about 15 in a city on my borders...!

It is a cheat and very unfair on such a low level...i will be toast when Montey decides to declare war as he always does no matter what i do to make him like me

Comment

The AI can't use units worth a darn. By the time he has cavalry you should have riflemen and it shouldn't be too hard to defend against his forces.

-Drachasor
                    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

AI does not list all of their gold in the diplomacy screen. This is easily checked using the world builder or spies.

AI receives significant upgrade discounts. On prince it costs a player 79g to upgrade a knight to a cavalry, while it costs the AI 17g.

Comment

Monte also might have lowered his research for a turn to have the necessary funds.

Besides, you GAVE him a tech! With most anyone other than Monte, might have been a good idea. With Monte, well, you have 10 turns to prepare.

Comment

i did it to check if he was cheating

i find he is illogical mongoose with a hitler complex....

I actually hate his head and that first comment about being on a pole is so apt

Comment

Sometimes us players seem pretty irrational too. And speaking of trying to take over the world!!

In case you hadn't figured it out, sometimes the best way to ENJOY a game of civ is to pretend the AI are real people -- it make it easier to explain their illogical behavior.

Comment

I agree but i think i will have to concede now as his army is way too big and the next tech change he will be upgrading across the board...

Comment

Working...
                              X