Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System crash while loading non default game settings (e.g. larger worlds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System crash while loading non default game settings (e.g. larger worlds)

Anyone familiar with system crashes while loading a larger world and/or other non-default game settings?

Playing default games no problem, but when starting a game with other than default settings (e.g. larger or huge world, Terra Earth, non-temperate climates, etc.), the game starts normal with the video and tips screen and green progress bar.

After the button 'play now' appears, nothing happens, the screen turns black with only the mouse pointer. After a couple of seconds the mouse pointer disappears and.....nothing. Reboot required (hard reset). Have already fixed any possible hardware issue,so no clue what to do next.

Thanks!

same here, but only since 1.09. I noticed, that my PC works while having Blackscreen (mainly on HD) so i let him work and work and work and after 15 or 20 Minutes he finished, having loaded the Map.

So my solution: Load the game, go, fetch some tea, watch a movie and after that, go, play Civ, until u need to reload again....
    Ok, u watch more Movie than playing civ, but hey... thats Firaxis these days.

Comment

Working...
    X