Help with Custom Game setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Custom Game setup

On the "Custom Game" setup, the very last option is Always War or Peace, and the mouseover says "All civilizations are locked into either war or peace for the length of the game."

How do you know which it is? If I turn this on and launch the game, everyone is locked into peace as far as I could see. Or is it random?

Since there are two other boxes to check if you want everyone always at war with everyone, or always at peace with everyone, I don't understand what this "Always War or Peace" option does.

Haven't tried it yet. Maybe you set your relations for the game the first time you speak to a civ? Tell a civ they'd look good on the end of a stick as soon as you find them.

Comment

That would make sense, but I tried that. Every civ I meet, the only option is "There shall be peace in our time." Then, you aren't permitted to declare war.

Comment

Maybe it's for scenarios, where relations are set before you start?

Comment

I guess that could be, yes. Then if you have the checkbox on, the preset relations cannot be changed. If you have it off, then they can change through diplomacy.

They really need to add more information about these things into the manual, the readme, or whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X