Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh. Rush chopping a thing of the past with the patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh. Rush chopping a thing of the past with the patch?

I tried rushing The Pyramids today, and no matter where i chopped, it only yielded about 19 hammers for the city. I remember it being A LOT more pre-patch...
    Is this one of the patch fixes?
    If so, that just made it that much harder to get ahead right out of the gates.

Oh wait... I wonder if a Quick game gives you less hammers with a chop? I started playing quicker games lately, instead of the normal speed.

Comment

It's 30 normally. I don't recall for a quick game, but that would be about in line with the change in time scale.

Comment

AFAIK, its 45 for epic, 30 for normal, and 15 for Quick. It could be 19 if you apply the production bonus' like Forge or organized religion.

So it all looks A. O.K. to me

Comment

If you are industrial you get a bonus as well.

Comment

I didn't think that it was linked to game speed. I have seen it vary from location to location I think, unless i'm hallucinating.

If so, I don't know what makes it vary.
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

IIRC it does scale with game speed.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ok, i'll accept that game speed determines an overall yield, but it does vary from forest tile to forest tile within a game.

I was thinking that it might depend on the underlying terrain (hills or grass or plains etc), but I have 2 forest/plains tiles, one in the city cross of philadelphia and another just outside the city cross of new york.

the philly one yields 37 and the ny yields 30..maybe distance from city does it?

I had another in a forest plains yield 47 i think...anyone know what drives these numbers within a game?

im on normal speed.

i tried looking it up but had no luck.
                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Have been playing most of my games on Quick mode, and the yield of a forest lay between 20 and 40 hammers. Distance to the city sure makes a difference. Don't know for hammer-enhancing facilities, but it is likely for the 40 hammers happened later ingame with my capital being well facilitated.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In my experience, distance from city DOES NOT make a difference.

What makes a difference are the bonus' involved.

Organized religion gives 25% bonus to buildings, but not units.

Forge gives a 25% bonus. Resources like stone and marble give a bonus.

Certain traits give bonus' to certain buildings. I once ended up with a forest chop that was over 110 shields (on epic though, were standard is 45 ).

I was thinking that it might depend on the underlying terrain (hills or grass or plains etc), but I have 2 forest/plains tiles, one in the city cross of philadelphia and another just outside the city cross of new york.

the philly one yields 37 and the ny yields 30..maybe distance from city does it?
                    Whats 30 x 25% ? Rounded down, its 37. Why did one city get the bonus and one didn't? Well, tell me what each city was building and what buildings it had.

Comment

I thought that was a bug, the tool tip for chopping always says 30 hammers but it always gives me like 50-80 hammers on normal game speed.

Comment

was it always forrest? never jungle ?

same tile coverage?

It has seemed to me that pending the thickness of tile, you recieve different amounts

which is cool

just remember, chops a permament
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Let me just add that it seems to me that it would always be exceedingly stupid to cut down all available forests for one wonder. That's true for any of the wonders. In my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                            was it always forrest? never jungle ?

same tile coverage?

It has seemed to me that pending the thickness of tile, you recieve different amounts

which is cool

just remember, chops a permament

I thought it might have to do with thickness too, but I didn't think they would have put that kind of detail in.

Comment

It does seem to me that distance from the city makes a difference. I go from 30 to 25 hammers per chop once I'm a couple of tiles outside my cultural border.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                              X