is rushbuying linear or logrithmic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is rushbuying linear or logrithmic?

In SMAC, the price is halved after the first ten minerals had been accumulated, does that still hold true, or is there a set exchange for people/engery -> minerals?

in an earlier post i had all the factors written out. I'm not 100% anymore, but i think if you haven't started production yet, its 25 + 4.5 x # of hammers left or if you already started the project its 25 + 3 x # of hammers left

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
      in an earlier post i had all the factors written out. I'm not 100% anymore, but i think if you haven't started production yet, its 25 + 4.5 x # of hammers left or if you already started the project its 25 + 3 x # of hammers left
      Link please?

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
        Without the 25, I think that's correct.

The additional 25 is charged when you are upgrading a unit.

Comment

Thanks!

Anyone know it for poprushing as well?

DeepO

Comment

In normal circumstances, one population is worth 30 shields. Though, if you want to spend only one unit of population, there needs to be at most 29 shields left; if you want to spend only two units, the remaining cost can't be more than 59, etc. So there will always be some overflow, which you get to keep.

There is the 1.5x penalty if you try to rushbuy from zero.

Comment

Which almost always only comes into play if you just rushed an item the previous turn.

Originally posted by Dog of Justice

1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO

Link please?

DeepO

If i had a link, i'd look it up myself

Without the 25, I think that's correct.

The additional 25 is charged when you are upgrading a unit.
                Ah yes, you are right. I got that confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog of Justice
                  In normal circumstances, one population is worth 30 shields. Though, if you want to spend only one unit of population, there needs to be at most 29 shields left; if you want to spend only two units, the remaining cost can't be more than 59, etc. So there will always be some overflow, which you get to keep.

so if i slave rushbuy something with 40 shields left, will I get 20 shields to put towards the next thing or do I lose the excess?

Comment

Originally posted by dmm1285

so if i slave rushbuy something with 40 shields left, will I get 20 shields to put towards the next thing or do I lose the excess?
                    You keep the 20 shields.

Comment

When you go in the city screen the very next turn after the rush buy, the excess hammers are added to the "per turn production"...

For example, say your city produces 30 hammers per turn, and you just rush built something, and now have 15 hammers in excess, the next turn the base will actually produce 45 hammers...

This is different from "carrying over" the hammers, as it makes it more difficult to do several rush buys in a row...

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
                        When you go in the city screen the very next turn after the rush buy, the excess hammers are added to the "per turn production"...

For example, say your city produces 30 hammers per turn, and you just rush built something, and now have 15 hammers in excess, the next turn the base will actually produce 45 hammers...

This is different from "carrying over" the hammers, as it makes it more difficult to do several rush buys in a row...
                        That's how all carryover production works in the game, not just rushbuy carryover.

Comment

Working...
                        X