flakey graphics problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flakey graphics problem

Have had this problem since 1.0, now patched to 1.09. Upon fresh boot of the computer, graphics start out fine, but within a few turns begin displaying random bits of wrong colors in the terrain, also the "strings" of image in the terrain and leader heads. This always happens eventually in the game, or immediately when I speak to a leader, or immediately after Alt-Tab out and back to the game. If I close the game and restart it, the problem is still there.
    I have Windows XP, 1.6 GB Pentium 4, a GeForce 6600 with 256 MB RAM, a Soundblaster Audigy Card. My C drive has 60 GB and my D drive (on which I installed the game) has 120 GB. The BIOS is updated, all video and sound drivers are updated.
    I tried using lower graphic settings in the game, but that just made the mouse flicker unbearably and didn't stop the problem. I tried going back to a previous graphic driver, but that also didn't help. I tried playing in window mode, but that didn't work at all, I was unable to scroll the map.
    Anyone else have this problem, or better yet, been able to solve this problem?
    I am attempting to attach images to this message, but have never done so before so don't know if I did it right.
    -aslindy
    Attached Files

Here is the image of the terrain, it didn't make it into my first post.
    aslindy
    Attached Files

Comment

Ol' George has picked up a nasty cold there.

There's lots of threads about the black terrain textures.

Comment

No George, I am not interested in viewing your (dripping) trade proposal. I am just snot interested.

Comment

Working...
        X