1.09...still checkerboard after loading save games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.09...still checkerboard after loading save games

Patched with 109, black terrain FIXED, shields/gold/grain on tiles FIXED, so far so great

When I load a save game (109 save) I still get that checkerboard terrain-looking pattern on the screen. I've noticed this ONLY happens when the other civs are thinking. However, after some time (has been 5-30 seconds) the pattern clears and play continues as normal. This is a vast improvement over previously, when the game delay would be 1 minute to infinity and I had to do a hard shut-down of the computer.

Anyone else still have this problem? Is it the fabled cache? And I hold SHIFT during startup to clear the cache? Startup of what...the game initially (the splash screen), when Spock is talking or when?
    We need a pop-up (if there isn't one yet) telling us YOU HAVE DISCOVERED CACHE CLEARING
    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Oh, well I figured out how to clear the cache. It didn't help my problem after loading a save game. Not really sure what it did at all.

Guess I'll just have to play a quick game all in one sitting.
    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

Allo!

Some problems were really fixed on my computer with patch 1.09, though I think what really helped was my +512 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM (I had only 512 MB)...

Loading time was cut by the half (huge map fully uncovered, 100+ cities...), texture problems were fixed (navigating through mini map does not make black terrain anymore), diplomacy screen does not crash to desktop nor freezer the game ad eternum :-)... but I have a GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB - 128 bits bus)...

And about the cache, before patch 1.09 I loaded the game with this batch:

cd \
      @ echo Pasta do Cache:
      cd C:\Docume~1\Admini~1\DadosD~1\MyGame~1\SidMei~1\ca che

@ echo .
      @ echo Excluindo os arquivos .dat...
      del *.dat

cd \
      pause

@ echo .
      @ echo ...Abrindo o jogo...
      pause

C:\Jogos\firaxi~1\SidMei~1\Civilization4.exe

And it used to help. Now I only load the game with the proper .exe, because it does the cache clearing already. Also, I use full hardware acceleration for video settings. Thats Video Properties / Configurations / Advanced / Troubleshooting.

Ahm, there is also that trick about disabling AGP Texture on DxDiag...

I think this should help a little. A little.

[]s,
      Daniel Silva Marques Vilela.
      Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

Working...
      X