REAL FIX for Stuttering Wonder Movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed, thanks to you!

THANK YOU! Just got this from direct2drive last night, and of course I crank the graphics up high...which includes turning on AA (set to 2, which is what I've been using on HL2 and Doom3).

And of -course- I ran into the problem.

Sent mail to Firaxis but found your fix before I've even gotten anything but an autoresponder note from them.

Fixed on a VisionTek XTACY 9600XT 128MB (RADEON 9600XT) in a P4-3GHz with 2GB RAM. I -knew- I was overrated for the game. Leave it to someone to do something silly like this.

Thanks for giving me the info to fix this! FAR more enjoyable!

mark->

Comment

Thanks Xerxes712

Just wanted to thank Xerxes712 for solving the problem with wonder videos. I followed the instructions in this thread and haven't had any more problems .

It wasn't the biggest of problems but it's still nice to have it fixed.

Anyway, thanks a lot Xerxes712

/Seatrout

Comment

This works!!!

Xerxes712 should be promoted to Deity for this! Thanks+++!

Please see my main post "ATI Radeon Cards/Stuttering Movies".

I would really suggest other Radeon users who are having this problem, try this solution first, before you go messing around with other potentially damaging solutions.

Strutty

Comment

hmm... i have a radeon 9800SE, softmodded to approx 9800Pro speeds, but that requires a driver like omegas - the only stable one of which (for civ4, at least) is based on one of the older catalyst versions. this AA-via-desktop-only method therefore doesn't seem to work for me.

suggestions, anyone?

Comment

Working...
          X