Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW what a difference....

Hi
    I installed the patch last night and rebooted, then set up a new game and ...wow..!!!
    The patch re-set my graphics to high so for the first time i was playing showing three units instead of one ( i had originally turned it down to medium thinking it would help my reboots issue) everything is much smoother now and have had ( fingers crossed) no issues with reboots ( i played a full four hours last night)
    One thing i tend to do now which might help is play the game with the map zoomed out to about civ3 size, so you can still see the units but they are about the size of the units in civ3, when i want to zoom in and have a look around i do this before a new turn then zoom back out before hitting the enter key. dont know if this will help but thought id post it to see,
    IMHO the patch has really fixed all my problems, but I`l do another four hours tonight and post an update tomorrow

/agreed - on my home computer, the game runs a couple of hundred percent better than pre-patch.
    On the PC I have at work, there isn't much of a difference, though.

Oh, one thing though: I still get the occasional crash to desktop ("program has encountered an error and needs to close") when starting the diplomacy screen and wonder movies. Still, much less than before :-D

Comment

well i can take back what i said......played for an hour last night then my monitor went into standby!!!!!had to reboot, played another 15 minutes and my monitor went back into standby !!! rebooted again...played about 20 minutes and it went back into standby.....gave up and watched the telly
      NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.....going to take the graphics settings back to medium to see if it helps

Comment

Working...
      X