Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable intro movie

my first, post

I have a 1.5 athlon and ati 9500 card i bought the game 3 ago and have almost finished the tutorial(not much time to play but if i print stuff and read it while im at my security guard job

The gameplay and movies are smooth so i dont want to mess things up but would like to skip the intro movies/logos ie. skiptobnet --

Any way?

Thanks again, Dan "prisoner" jex--aka slave to the ball and chain and thi univeristy student loans

From the readme.htm...

Hmm, readme file... interesting concept!!!

INI File

Advanced users can change various Civilization IV settings and options by editing your INI file. To locate the INI files, navigate to "My Documents", "My Games", "Sid Meier’s Civilization IV" and open the “CivilizationIV.ini” file. This file is a standard text files that can be edited with Notepad (included with Windows®).
    Civilization4.ini holds the values of all user-controllable options.

NoMovies
    Nifty!!

Comment

Doesn't 'NoMovies' disable Wonder movies in the game?

AFAIK, the only way to skip the intro movies is to click a mouse button- would appreciate hearing otherwise...
      Last edited by Rommel2D; November 25, 2005, 15:47.
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel2D
        Doesn't 'NoMovies' disable Wonder movies in the game?

AFAIK, the only way to skip the inro movies is to click a mouse button- would appreciate hearing otherwise...
        Yeah, that's the situation I'm in as well (1.5ghz Athlon/512MB/128MBnVidia) -- I want to skip the intro movie, but I want to see the wonder movies! ("That's MY wonder!!" )
        Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Comment

I tried replacing the .bik files for the intro movies, but instead of the movies I got a message "Your movies are not installed correctly" which I still had to click through. I'll keep trying and report back if I find a way to remove them entirely....
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Ok - problem solved.

Download the attachment, and unzip it to the following folder (assuming a default install of Civ4):

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Art\Movies\Intros

If you don't want to overwrite the intro movies, change their names before you unzip my replacements. You will hear a clicking noise in place of the movies, but you won't have to click - so there you go!
            Attached Files
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

ok, that works

now is there a way to disable the logos ?

Comment

Yeah, I want to stop the intro movies but want to keep the wonder movies as I think they are a cool thing for the atmosphere of the game. I will remember that file above when I get home (I am currently in an airport departure lounge waiting for a delayed flight )
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The files work fine, thanks Stuie.
                  Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Working...
                  X