Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the patch fix black terrain for Radeon 7500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the patch fix black terrain for Radeon 7500?

Haven't downloaded the patch yet... has anyone with a Radeon 7500 tried it yet?

Thanks...
    What is SportsDigs.com?

Yes. Fixed for me (Mobility Radeon 7500).

Comment

Originally posted by smn
      Yes. Fixed for me (Mobility Radeon 7500).
      I have the same card.

I haven't played more than a few turns yet, but it does seem to work properly for me now. The terrain looks good, and my leaderheads are complete.

I even got the game to run on my other PC with an old Radeon 7000 card in it...
      What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

Seems to be working fine on my Thinkpad T42 (mobility 7500). I haven't played extensively to see if there are other issues (CTD? )

The black terrain is fixed and the leader heads are normal. (So to all those people who kept claiming this was an unpatchable hardware problem...I thumb my nose in your general direction!)

The animal animations on resource squares are still not fixed, but I can live with that for now.

One odd thing is that my desktop that has not experienced any problems with the game refuses to load the update. Just locks up when I click "Check for Updates"?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ac_snowman
          Seems to be working fine on my Thinkpad T42 (mobility 7500). I haven't played extensively to see if there are other issues (CTD? )

The black terrain is fixed and the leader heads are normal. (So to all those people who kept claiming this was an unpatchable hardware problem...I thumb my nose in your general direction!)

The animal animations on resource squares are still not fixed, but I can live with that for now.

One odd thing is that my desktop that has not experienced any problems with the game refuses to load the update. Just locks up when I click "Check for Updates"?!?
          I have a T42 as well. I was able to play at length today with no CTD.

Same issue with animal issues - but that's not such a big deal.

Didn't try the "check for updates"... just loaded the patch manually.
          What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

The black terrain issue are fixed. But the water square have some corruption, they dont have a good fade between water and land. Like if the game doesn't create any transparency.
            Texture are not really good.

I have the game running on my other computer with another graphics cards, and it's really more beautifull on my other computer.

see ya
            bleh

Comment

Working...
            X