Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant play MP online after installing patch1.09

hi,

I just installed the patch 1.09 using the in-game automatic update and now I cant play online anymore.

When I typ my name and user-ID ( after clicking multyplayer and then internet games ) and then hit the log-in button...........my computer freezes.

anybody else having this problem ?

Before the patch I had no problems at all to play online

I have no idea where the problem could be,

thanks for any suggestions.

I'm not having a locking problem, but it doesn't recognize my password anymore.

Comment

I believe the problem is they changed the "Profile" format. I tried to switch to my old profile in the options screen under single player and it complained it was wrong format. So I typed in the name of the profile, and deleted it. Then I recreated it. Then I was able to log onto gamespy. I have not actually tried to join an MP game but I see many of them on the list so it's looking good....

Comment

Sounds like a firewall problem to me. It probably doesn't recognise the game after it's been patched. I've got the new patch and had a McAfee Firewall popup asking me to accept Civ 4 again after I logged in.

Comment

PJL.....You are right, it was a firewall problem. After fixing that I was able to go online and play multiplayer again.

Thanks,

Mani

Comment

Working...
          X