X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization IV.ini ???

or civ.ini

whatever it's called, I can't find it.

I've tried a *.ini search of drive C:\ and drive H:\ (where the game is installed), but the search results didn't find anything.

I just wanted to try changing some of the parameters, that I've read people talking about on the forums, to see if the wonder movies will play smoothly.

The game is patched with the withdrawn, if that makes any difference?
    Hengist.
    Hengist's MiG Alley Site

I think most of that kind of things are in xml files. I'm not sure if you can change those in notepad. Make sure you make a backup, xml is not very fault-tolerant (as in not at all tolerant)

Comment

I have a CivilizationIV.ini file in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks Petek, I've found it.

Strange how using the windows search tool with the wildcard search string of *.ini didn't produce any results?

Thanks once again for the help, it's appreciated.
        Hengist.
        Hengist's MiG Alley Site

Comment

Originally posted by Hengist
          Strange how using the windows search tool with the wildcard search string of *.ini didn't produce any results?
          Yes, that is strange. My search for *.ini turned up more than 300 hits (on a system that's only two or three weeks old).

Glad to have helped.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
          X