Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archipelego, what Nation/leader you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archipelego, what Nation/leader you choose?

Knowing that you are going to be on a mostly water war and such. What Nation and leader would you choose? This entails possible building of LARGE navies and fighting the water war....

I'd definitely be inclined to take an Organized civ.
    1) The cheap courthouses to negate distance upkeep a bit (and you'll have a lot of that)
    2) The ability to cheaply run Organized Religion to help make up for poor hammers.

Organized leaders are:
    Both Americans. Organized/Industrial, Organized/Financial
    Mao (China): Organized/Philo (doesn't start with fishing)
    Caesar (Roman): Organized/Expansive
    Tokugawa (Japan): Organized/Aggressive

Now, I'd be inclined to play Mao or Tokugawa because their UU's seem to come at an excellent time for some island-hopping invasions. Romes UU comes too early (and you might not find Iron), America's UU comes too late.

Overall I'd be inclined to say Tokugawa is best, IF your into expanding by military might.

If you're more of a builder, then Financial and Expansionist are worthy water good traits. Victoria of the English has both these traits and starts with fishing.

For War: Tokugawa.
    For Peace: Victoria.

Ofcourse really, any Civ will work. But stay away from the ones with early UU's that require resources.

Comment

Tokugawa for war and Washington for peace.

Comment

I did archipelago with Japan Tokugawa. Domination victory. That was my intent, and I did it. It was slow early on. I wanted to attack the Egyptians early on, but it wasn't happening. They had too many units. I attacked them later.

I never did get much of an oppotunity to use my uu though . My wars fell at the wrong times. Anyways, after my initial conquest of the egyptians (all but one city) I did not wage war until I got bombers and tanks.

Comment

Working...
        X