Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F.T.T.C. Interview: Bob "Sirian" Thomas (Part 5/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.T.T.C. Interview: Bob "Sirian" Thomas (Part 5/5)

Apolyton Civilization Site ( http://apolyton.net ) [ACS], one of the oldest and premiere online fansites for the Civilization computer strategy gaming series and its extended family, is today publishing the conclusion to their premiere "Four Times The Charm" (FTTC) series interviewee, Bob "Sirian" Thomas. This is Part 5 of 5 in the feature with Thomas, Firaxis consultant and CivIV map scripting lead. It is accompanied by four screenshots and two photographs from Thomas` personal image gallery.

In co-operation with Civilization IV developer Firaxis Games, ACS is bringing visitors exclusive conversations with members of the online Civilization community who have gone onto become Firaxians and work on CivIV. They feature detail about the internal CivIV beta test period co-ordinated by Firaxis, and about the individuals interviewed themselves. ACS Interview Chief `Solver` guides Thomas through a five-part discussion about the Firaxian`s involvement in CivIV`s development, the gaming community online and off and the man himself. Solver and I had a good time together, "Sirian" recalls. I think we ran somewhere close to ten hours across three days? He kept encouraging me to say more rather than less, so I went on and on. CivIV has been all positive for me. I`m very happy about how it has turned out, so it was easy to discuss at length.

Published today, the fifth and final part of Thomas` interview includes comments on but not limited to CivIV's Artificial Intelligence (AI), multiplayer, its suitability for children and his fellow beta team members. As CivIV began to ship in North America on October 25th, Bob publicly announced his intense involvement in its development. The next FFTC interviewee's identity is to be disclosed publicly before the end of this month, with instalments in that one-on-one chat to begin publishing in December.

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

how many people do actually read the huge long posts that Dan types when he has something like this to anounce?

I always read something like: "blablabl blabla blablabla blablabla CLICK HERE blabla bla blablabla bla"
    And I realise that's not really nice since Dan really must have putted a lot of efford in typing all of his marketing stuff!

We love you anyway Dan!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      CLICK HERE
      I have to admit I usually look for this, if I bother looking at his posts at all.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes but we named an entire game mode after him!

I'm sure that he can produce those blurbs Quick-ly, anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's there if you want to read it! (If you're looky for the clicky straight away, you don't needy to be soldy on the linky item!)

- Sirian

Comment

Maybe Dan should use a webstyle for his posts that more or less hide the links as normal text
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
          X