Speeding Production/Building New Buildings Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding Production/Building New Buildings Faster

I'm a newbie and was wondering if there is a way for me to spend some excess gold in my civs treasury to speed the production of wonders, buildings, or other city improvements. If you know, could you tell me how I get to it in game. Thanks.

The Slavery civic allows rush building at the cost of population. This is available with Bronze Working.

The Universal Suffrage civic allows rush building for gold. This is available with Democracy or by building the Pyramids.

The buttons for these are located just to the right of the build subwindow in the city view.

Comment

Thanks! Also is there a great formula of civics/religion/happiness/etc.... that produces improvements faster. Recommendations?

Comment

Organized Religion will help, but only if your state religion is established in the cities. This improves building speed by 25%, cumulative with other bonuses from improvements like Forges, Factories, etc.

Bureaucracy also improves building speed, but only for your capital. The improvement is 50%.

So say you have a Forge in your capital, and are running Bureaucracy and Organized Religion. That's a 100% ( 25% + 50% + 25% ) total increase in speed in building improvements.

Take this another step further, and say you are building a wonder and have an appropriate helper resource, like copper when building the Statue of Liberty. That makes for 150% total. Add an Industrious trait to the mix and you're looking at 200% for a resource-assisted wonder.

Ironworks is currently bugged and does not provide the extra production bonus that it should. Once properly patched, that's another 100% you'll be adding.

These production bonuses also apply to chopping down forests. You usually start with a base 30 hammers, and any of the above bonuses apply to that 30.

Comment

Okay I think I'm starting to understand. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X