Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance problem

Hi

I bought this game for my wife who is a huge fan of the series. She installed it on her PC and it didnt run (screen was black). I tried the fixes on the website but no joy.

So i tried my machine which is higher spec and it runs, but very slowly indeed. All the drivers are up to date etc.

My wifes machine is fairly basic (xp 2600, 512 ram, 9200 SE card) so i expected a slow performance but it is above the required specifications so it should at least run surely?.

My machine is Athlon 64 X2 3800+ , 1GB ram, SATA drive, X800GT card...miles over the needed specifications so should it be running painfully slowly?.

Ive read about a 'patch' does anyone know if it is available for download?

Many Thanks

I'm having similar problems on my machine, the game runs incredibly slowly.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon 2600+
    1gb ram
    nvidia 6600 GT (128mb AGP)

all drivers up to date

Thanks in advance

Comment

you may have a memory gap problems like i do. try searhing a forum for a memory fix and try it out.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately for us, NONE of you guys has a problem. The GAME has a problem that needs to be patched. Very knowlegable people (Harkonnen) have flat out stated the game has some serious memory leaks and VERY POOR memory allocation that causes the slowness and poor performance.

He has a patch out as one poster above stated but I will be waiting for OFFICIAL patches. That is just my personal take and is not because I don't think Harkonnen's patch rocks...but rather because it is the developers fault and needs to be corrected by THEM!

Comment

ok, stupid question, but has anyone checked their motherboard drivers?

i have been having serious problems with this game and despite thinking all my drivers were up to date, i forgot all about the mother board.

As mine was included in the machine when i purchased it (about the only part that is left that was shop bought, lol), and the company i bought it from has since gone bankrupt, it was very difficult to find out exactly which motherboard i had.

I looked at it for clues, i.e. manufacturer etc, then checked manufacturers website until i found one that looked exactly like mine, (MSI KT4V btw).

Lo and behold, a simple Mobo update has solved all my problems.

hope this helps anyone else that may have overlooked updating their motherboard!

Comment

Check out Everest Home Edition or Belarc Advisor for motherboard info.

Find the information those programs return and do a search for that information on google or something and I bet you will find out exactly what mobo you have.

Going into your BIOS might tell you too.

Comment

this is excatly the same issue i am facing... tried the unofficial patch though... but no luck.

Comment

Working...
              X