Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

online civ4 Manual? plus: does the AI still gang up on humans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online civ4 Manual? plus: does the AI still gang up on humans?

For those of us who were unfortunate enough not to obtain a civ4 manual (even tho it comes with the game) (dont ask) is there an online copy or anything like that? and is the manual as descriptive as civ 2 manual was?

otherwise i just wanted to see what people say about civ 4 AI on Human gang ups and if they even exist?

AI's love dogpiling - if you are at war, AI's are very likely to backstab you. However they rae also quite willing to jump onto other AI's in a simialler situation. Successful play often involves bringing other civs into wars as allies, such that they cannot be tempted to backstab you.

Comment

AI's gang up on civilizations who are much weaker then them. I haven't see any special attitude towards humans, I even don't know if the AI knows whatever a civilization is AI or human controlled.

Oh and when your empire borders the Aztecs. Build an army! A big army! The Aztecs are completely insane and they love to backstab their best friends and enemies alike.

Comment

It doesn't seem like they gang up like they did in past civs, which always annoyed me to no end when you would declare war against one civ and four others would band against you...

I believe the way they have implemented this ganging up in a more subtle way is the little red type when you do trade negotiations, ie., when you are winning, good luck trading much.

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that if a barbarian unit is adjacent to one of my units and a unit controlled by an AI player, than the barbarian ALWAYS chooses to attack my unit instead of the AI's unit. Other than that, I have not really noticed the dogpile effect so much on Noble or Prince levels of difficutly.
          "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Working...
          X