Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm posting here to help a friend out with running Civ 4

Hiyas.

A friend of mine asked me if Civ4 can run on his computer. He's able to get Civ 4 to run, but he has black terrain and possibly chesire cat syndrome. His computer is a laptop.

Here's his chip specs...

intel(r) 82852/82855 gm/gme graphics controller

Everything else meets or surpasses the minimum req's otherwise he wouldn't be able to run Civ 4 in the first place.

Is his graphic card good enough or not for Civ 4? He says his computer is only 1 year old so it should have at least T + L, unless I'm mistaken.
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Not a chance. Intel graphics controllers are chintz. They are not real rendering hardware.

Intel® graphics products do not have hardware support for T&L. In most games, transform and lighting calculations can be performed on the processor with acceptable performance. A small number of games that specifically check for hardware T&L support may fail to run.

Comment

So does this mean he has to buy a whole new laptop? I don't understand why you have to buy a whole new laptop for a video card? What gives?
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Probably because it was intended as a business machine, not a 3d gaming platform.

Comment

He says his computer is only 1 year old so it should have at least T + L, unless I'm mistaken.

and T/L is close to six !! years old.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X