Great Presonality Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Presonality Error

Ran into something strange with the great prophetswhen you have founded all the religions in a single empire-St Peter always wants to build a Buddist shrine and one of the Buddist notables wants to build the Church of the Nativity. Where and how can I fix this?

The great prophet will always pick the religion that matches whatever holy city you are in. Whatever religion that prophet may have represented in real life is irrelevant. If you are in the Christian holy city you will always get a Church of the Nativity no matter who the prophet is...

You can tell which city is the holy city for that religion by either hitting the religion icon in the upper right, or if looking at the world map, where the city's name is, you'll find the icons for the religions in that city. If it is the holy city it will have the matching icon with a small gold star.

So, if you really want St. Peter to found the Church he must be in the Christian Holy City, if he's in the Taoist Holy City he'll found that shrine, even though he doesn't "match"

Comment

I'll double check, that doesn't seem to be true. What I've seen so far is that each Great Prophet wants to build one specific shrine and if you send him to another holy city, he does want to build any shrine (none of the boxes light up). I'll start another game and see if I missed somrthing (more than likely, I've only had the game 3 days).

Comment

I'm 99% sure that Tiger's right, though I'd like to get someone to back me up. The Great Prophets are sort of generic in everything but name, and will build the shrine represented by the city's religion, not in accordance to the prophet's alignment.

Comment

That seems to be the normal behaviour, yes. I just finished up a game where I captured a couple of holy cities, and sending the Prophets their way I was always able to build the correct shrine.

Of course I have to wonder why the AI didn't build the shrines to begin with.....
          O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Tiger00 is right, my error entirely!

Note to Self: When you ask for advice, beleave the answers you get.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Comment

no problem

i think they made the prophets "religion-neutral" the same way they made the game kinda "religion-neutral" (meaning there's no advantage/disadvantage to any of the religions per se)

however, they did make leaders who were strong spirtual leaders place an emphasis on religion - especially in foreign negociations. some of them will have a big -4 if you don't share their religion.

Had to smile in my last game, as Isabella repeatedly insisted that i switch to.... Taoism.

Comment

Working...
              X