Industrious and Wonders building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industrious and Wonders building?

Please explain how to calculate the turns for wonders building when the leader is industrious + stone/marble/copper etc? And what happens when the civic is organised religion wich reduces the turns with 25% more?
    So we have 50% reduction from industrious + 50% reduction from resourses + 25% from the civic...

You add the bonuses together to modify the base hammers used towards said wonder.

So as an example lets say your city produces 10 hammers and is working on a 200 hammer wonder. Normally this would take 20 turns. With the bonuses you've listed the base hammers of 10 would be multiplied by the total bonus (+125%) for a total of 22.5 (rounded up or down I'm not sure) and a build time of 9-10 turns depending on rounding.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Does the 25% build bonus from organized religion apply to wonders? I have always assumed that they are a different category than "buildings".
      "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Yep. Applies to both normal buildings and wonders but not units.

Comment

The industrious trait is perhaps the most powerful IMHO.

I'm in the latter stages of a Noble Terran game playing Bismark...industrious and expansive. I almost feel sorry for the AI.

Comment

That's what I thought too, but I started an epic game last night on Prince Level/ Pangea as England (Phi/Fin). It is the first time I have played a non-industrious nation and I am still getting 3/4 of the wonders I start building. It may be too early to tell, but I am not sure if industrious is as much of a neccessity as I thought it was at first.
            "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

You'll wind up stronger with Phi than Ind if you have a couple of cities with high enough production to still build most of the wonders but if you get a less than ideal start you're MUCH more likely to miss your key wonders without Ind. Overall I think I still like Ind better. My favorite so far is Bismark.

Comment

Working...
              X