Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armchair Generals needed! Or, an opportunity to heckle a poor player (me!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armchair Generals needed! Or, an opportunity to heckle a poor player (me!)

Ok so I am attaching a save game that I am playing currently. I'm playing as Monty, Prince diff, continents.

I seem to be stuck on a sub-continent (like India) area; my opponents expanded fast enough to hem me in (it also didn't help that Boney got cheeky and declared war on me way back when he was a heathen). Fortunately, I was able to fend off his assaults, but not before it had allowed Huey to grab a couple of key locations. Boney converted to the true faith and we made peace.

Also an interesting note, I have the HinJewChristianism going on in my civ... I know I haven't made very effective use of it yet though.

Any and all crituques/tips/advice/heckling is welcome - just keep the heckling at a 1:2 ratio with the rest

What I'm considering is spamming out bunches of catapults and jaguars and doing a rush on some of huey's cities; I'll use my 2 great artists that I have to culture bomb them and kill the resistance early to help defend with them and expand my borders.

Ideas?

ok so it seems that my save didnt' upload after all! :P

Here's the save now
    Attached Files

Comment

Yosh: a suggestion: post a (couple of) screenshot(s) if you want more answers: it's hard to open a save and look around, it's easy to glance over a (good) screenshot and give some suggestions. We're all lazy

DeepO

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion; I've played a bit since the save was posted, and I decided that I had to go the conquest route for this one... I've taken two cities that you see there, however the toll on my active-duty offensive troops was high; I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to finish the Huey off right now...

now to post my screen- wha? Hmm it seems that the cap got left on the screenshot camera; all the files for the screenshots are all black!

Oh well... maybe after the patch I can revisit, but by then I think this particular situation will be irrelevant!

Comment

Slightly off topic, but just how does one do a screen shot anyway?

Comment

I used to hit the print scrn button and then paste into MS Paint (and then had to crop the image so 'poly would accept it)... but I'm not the sort of guy you want to ask. There are probably better ways... I think there is some in-game feature, actually.

Screenshots help not only b/c people are lazy, but also b/c many of us are posting from... well, work. And we can't review a save from there. Which, of course, speaks to laziness anyway (posting from work)

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The game has an in game screen capture tool. I have not used it, but Sulla and Sirians SG is full of shots.

I have not used it, but it is not always reliable. I just use Irfanview to capture and resize.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Screenshots help not only b/c people are lazy, but also b/c many of us are posting from... well, work. And we can't review a save from there. Which, of course, speaks to laziness anyway (posting from work)

-Arrian
                Yeah, if we were at computers where we could be looking at someone else's saved game, we could be playing, so we wouldn't be reading the forums.
                Keith

si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                X