Oracle = No religion founding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle = No religion founding?

I'm sure this isn't news but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere: If you build the oracle and pick a religion-founding tech as your freebie, you don't found the religion.

Bug or undocumented feature?
    [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

I was able to found a religion by using the Oracle. So, it worked for me. Of course, you have to be the first to discover the tech in order to found the religion. Most likely what happened in your game is that your freebie tech was already discovered by an unknown civ.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I've founded religions plenty of times with my Oracle tech. They just pop up after the whole 'cinematic' of the wonder in my experience.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Because of the game flow, the Oracle will give you the religion at the start of the next turn. So you discover the religious tech when Oracle completes, and found the religion the turn after.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
          Because of the game flow, the Oracle will give you the religion at the start of the next turn. So you discover the religious tech when Oracle completes, and found the religion the turn after.DeepO
          That makes sense. I was perplexed because I'd use the Oracle for (say) theology and then check the religion page and find Christianity still hadn't been founded.
          [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

DeepO beated me
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
              DeepO beated me
              ... by a day

DeepO

Comment

that's called life
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                X