Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yin's "What Civ Means to Me" Essay Contest: Unopened Special Edition to the Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I guess I should have also included a sob story, but I thought that would have been cheap.
    I considered that carefully and was open to most anything, really. In the end, I guess my own experience with gaming rang too closely to some of the sobbing! Thanks for participating, though. Maybe others will follow the lead and make more copies available? Naw, I'm likely to be the only one silly enough.

P.S. I also did a little "investigating" to see if I wasn't being sucked in. Well, even if I was, it has been fun.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Respect to you Yin for holding the competition anyway, it was a noble thing that you did.
      Hengist.
      Hengist's MiG Alley Site

Comment

Originally posted by Hengist
        Respect to you Yin for holding the competition anyway, it was a noble thing that you did.
        Agreed.
        My congrats to the winner.
        (and if it wasn't for PCs I'd still be gaming with tabletop wargames and role-playing games like I was doing in the 60s-80s. )
        (not sure what the younger guys out there would be falling back on )
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Eventhough it's clear that my contribution is superior to the winner's contribution (), I'll respect Yin's decision and I won't gang up on him

Congrats to the winner!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

(and if it wasn't for PCs I'd still be gaming with tabletop wargames and role-playing games like I was doing in the 60s-80s. )
            (not sure what the younger guys out there would be falling back on )

Me too.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Thank you to Yin and to anyone who appreciated the tale. I had wanted to do something clever and funny, but life has a way of interupting many plans. For what it is worth, I assure everyone that the prize will be greatly appreciated by its intended recipient. Have fun everybody, and whack those errant Civs for both of us!
              If you aren't confused,
              You don't understand.

Comment

Sorry again to those who gave great efforts (yes, including CyberShy!). The game, which has never even left its original shipping box, is being shipped today (gee, now that I think about it, I hope they didn't ship me "Barbie's Great Horse Show" by mistake!).

I hope your son enjoys it and that it gives you guys some great moments of bonding.

--Yin
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                  Sorry again to those who gave great efforts (yes, including CyberShy!). The game, which has never even left its original shipping box, is being shipped today (gee, now that I think about it, I hope they didn't ship me "Barbie's Great Horse Show " by mistake!).
                  I would love to make a joke about that, but it'd probably get me banned.

Comment

Well, if it comes on DVD, we'll know!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHateMale
                      I would love to make a joke about that, but it'd probably get me banned.
                      I think that's already a movie.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

A bump for the newly registered people - some stuff seriously worth reading in here.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                        X