Unit mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit mayhem

How many free units does the AI get on prince difficulty?

I sent my spy to the land of the AI and I see Stacks of doom. in several cities. my anemic military that is so small that even in wartime I'm tipping over and under the free unit limit (in vassalage) is a major drain on production, science and money. I have large cities, full of improvements yet these civs can maintain ENORMOUS armies and still lead the tech race.

I'm not a noob, I know civ and I know it well, I've also adapted to the new environment of civ4 but still, the AI seems to have HUGE armies, for free...

can this be verified somehow?
    how do they maintain these hordes?

Also it would be very nice if it was possible to establish embassies with other civs so you could check their civics and such. that way I could have done half the math myself (and the other half with a spy) but embassies was a great idea from civ1 so I guess it must go...
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Re: Unit mayhem

Originally posted by LzPrst
    Also it would be very nice if it was possible to establish embassies with other civs so you could check their civics and such.
    You can check their civics. In the diplomacy screen, above the leaderhead and to the right of their name and attitude towards you, it shows the pictures of all their civics choices. You can even mouse over them to show their name and what they do.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

The AI seems to build mass amounts of units in general. I don't know how it manages to keep up with other production and make all the units it does, just in terms of raw shield output.

But yes, it's frustrating to see 20+ units in many cities.

Comment

Working...
      X