This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda ironic

Anyone else find it a bit ironic, that right now the only reason the patch isn't on our games is because its going to quality assurance???
    I know I'm being cynical. I can't help it, I can't play the game much on my laptop yet.

But I can play it on my desktop, and I am enjoying the game too. But the memory leak is rather annoying.

Why would that be ironic? It seems to me to be perfectly natural progression of software release.

Are you suggesting that it NOT go through QA? That would lead to nothing but problems.

Tom P.

Comment

Whooooooosh.

Comment

I think he's implying it didn't go through QA before.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Finarfin
          Whooooooosh.

I'm being ostensibly obtuse. I know he thinks it's ironic that the patch is going through QA when the game itself did not.

HaHa, how drool.

Having been in the software development field for over 14 years I think it's utterly retarded to think that a game has been released to the general public without going through QA.

If you were to see a product that had not been through a QA phase you would not have the few complaints that have been voiced.

Yes, FEW. I have worked on projects that were managed well, led well through the technology, and our issues list was over 150,000 issues through the 2 year life-cycle. The hundred or so that are thrown around here are nothing.

Do you really think that just because it doesn't work on your machine it hasn't been through a QA phase? Are you guys THAT ego-centric that you believe your machine, your setup, your driver versions to be the one every company should use for testing?

By the same token, I've installed this on two machines (three if you count the rebuild of my game machine due to HDD failure) and it's worked every time except for the Wonder Movie sound stutter. So, according to my experience, this has been throught the most rigerous QA testing and has emeged with only one bug. Good job Firaxis!!

Tom P.

Comment

Hes probably implying that its not going to be much use going through QA when the original game supposedly was passed through the same QA
            Blah Blah Blah

Comment

Let's keep it at that QA knows what to look for this time.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                X