Religion problem in Greek World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion problem in Greek World

I founded christianity in 100 BC or so. However in 40AD I get the message that christianity has been founded in a distant land and I lose the star icon which means I am the founder. Also enemy cities which I could see into are no longer visible, as would be the case if I hadn't founded the religion.

Am I missing something?

Jesus > You.

Without actually mucking about in the guts of the scenario, here's my best guess:

Being a historically-based scenario, the game is scripted to found Christianity on 33 A.D. (40 AD being the first date you can actually see anything that happened on 33 AD in-game). The designers failed to take into account that someone else could have founded Christianity first.

That is, rather than having the "distant land" discover the techology that founds Christianity on that turn, the game manually sets the "distant land" as the founder of Christianity, circumventing the code that checks if someone else has founded the religion first.

Comment

Yeah I figured it was something like that. Lol.

Any way to edit a save game file to make me the founder again? All those christian missionaries I built are now serving some distant land...;(

Comment

Well, for future games, you can indeed mod the scenario in any number of ways to solve the problem.

For the current game, you can go into world builder and see what options you have.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
        X