20th Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th Century

Hey- I have noticed, that in the 20th century is the most unrealistic of all in Civ IV. With the turns going by so quickly, and the amount of time it takes to over-run a city or two of a decent strength rival civ, by the time you have a successful battle, 10-20 years have passed by.

Does anyone else notice a similar occurrence and or how to address it?

how to address it?
    Making units more expensive? This would mean less units, which would mean shorter battles.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Making units more expensive? This would mean less units, which would mean shorter battles.
      Uh, well, assuming all units saw a universal increase (tripling the costs of all units, for example), that wouldn't change a thing except for making units take longer to build. The relative strength of the armies on the field would remain the same.

Comment

Drake, you seemed to say something similar in another thread. Have you tried this mod?

I haven't tried it myself, but there's a lot of feedback posts in that thread.

Comment

yeah, it would have taken the Allies like 100 years to conquer germany (and japan) in ww2 with this system

but it's okay I guess. The balance between gameplay and realism.

Comment

In the beginning of the game, it takes 40+ years to simply move in one direction.
            Avast, ye scurvy dogs, prepare to be boarded!

Comment

Working...
            X