Naval Bombardment/Stack Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Bombardment/Stack Attack

What exactly does naval bombardment do? I assume it destroys walls and barracks, what else?

If you have a stack of units ready to attack an enemy city or unit, is there a difference between each of your units attacking seperately or combining them and sending the entire stack into combat?

From what i've learned, it's not a huge battle when you throw a stack on someone in combat - It's essentially a bunch of mini one-on-one battles, which is just a faster version of you manually doing one by one attacks.

Just remember though, and maybe this has nothing to do with your question, but having a "super stack" of units makes you vulnerable to collateral damage. Watch out.

I don't think you can bombard anything else, other than a cities defenses. The bombardment icon doesn't show up any other time. Once the defenses are zero, you can't bombard anymore. That eliminates the ability of bombing the city/units to smithereens, like you could do in past versions of Civ.

Comment

A city's defense bonus is based on the HIGHER of EITHER culture defense OR fortifications (walls/castle, etc.). When you bombard, you are not necessarily destroying anything (and you are never destroying a barracks), you are just reducing the defenses. Whether by seige unit or naval unit, bombardment is the same.

Regarding stack attack: if you have the options setting for it, all it does for you is release you from the tedium (AND the control) of doing it manually, unit by unit.

Comment

Working...
      X