Memory Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Question

I meet the recommended specs on my computer, and I have 512 megs of RAM. When I reach mid-game, the game slows down and my hard drive is getting accessed a lot. I assume that this is because the game is using virtual memory a lot. I am thinking of upgrading my computer to 1024 megs of memory. Can anyone tell me if this will have any significant effects of the problems I'm having?

Please note that when I say slow down, I'm not talking about between turns, but within turns. I'm talking about delays in unit movement, slow and delayed movement when I go to another section of the map, etc.

I'd recommend waiting for the patch to see if that helps. As discussed in this thread:

the patch is in final testing and is expected to include "memory, caching and performance improvements."
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

upgrading RAM will always help when system performance is being hit by page file accessing.

I'd recommend you upgrade to 1gb anyway as you will need it for most games coming out in the future anyway.

1gig is about average these days. If you have money to spare I'd even say go for 2 gigs now instead of having to replace your new 512mb chip again in the future. 2gigs of RAM should have you sorted for the next couple of years =)
      I used to be Darkknight.. many many moons ago. "CTP2 is almost out!!" time.

Comment

Working...
      X