Tutorial Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial Issues

Well the game seems to run ok (although the frame rate in any kind of action is non-existant).
    Anyway I was instructed to build my first farm on a tile where a forest has grown.
    I require Bronze Working to build a farm there and I'm unable to research technology yet.
    The game won't let me build a farm elsewhere, so I'm prettymuch stuck.

Is there a patch out or something to fix this (and the numerous problems I see others having), or am I meant to discover Bronze Working somehow?

Or do I restart and hope a forest doesn't grow in that tile?

Again, for a tutorial it's very confusing to be absolutely stuck like this with no help from the game (and I've played civ2 back in the day).

Wow, that's bad luck.... a forest growing on the very tile you're supposed to farm; before tech research is introduced.

Looks like your tutorial is flummoxed; you'll need to restart it. Forest regrows happen randomly and you might see them a few times over the normal game... I'd imagine they didn't think this would happen when designing the tutorial (oops!) I know I've never heard of this happening and it didn't happen to my or my girlfriend's tutorials.

Comment

Well that's lame.

OK I restarted and the Tutorial's frozen @ an earlier point.
      I was told to move my warrior back to defend my city.
      With my uber micro i skipped through all the instructions and hit fortify as soon as it glowed.

However, Sid is still saying "Move your Warrior back to your city to defend it".
      I've tried ending turns and fortifying/unfortifying/moving my warrior around but the Tutorial is stuck on this turn...

I was pretty excited to get this game but it seems to be largely faulty

(edit: tried yet again and it's frozen in exactly the same place again! NOT helpful for beginners )

(edit2: tried a third time. This time my warrior doesn't have enough moves to attack the lions. And I can't end the turn till I have attacked the lions... This game is starting to seriously fu(k me off )
      Last edited by Cereal_Killa; November 17, 2005, 00:43.

Comment

Well, if your tutorial isn't working properly it could be a lot worse. It sounds like you just have weirdly bad luck with a part of the game that you would have been done with as soon as you did it once anyway.

Just fire up a real game, you'll catch on quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X