I really miss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really miss...

I was playing into the wee hours last night, and as I played it started to really hit me how much I missed the apparent weight moving to a new age meant in Civ3. I think mostly what I miss about it is the way the various leaders garb would change as their civilizations progressed through the ages. It was always entertaining to see how the artists had envisioned the various civs that died out long ago and how they dressed.
    - Dregor

I also like when they showed the city updating the buildings to the current era.

The workers going from wearing practically nothing to overalls to engineers outfits was a nice little touch too.
    Avast, ye scurvy dogs, prepare to be boarded!

Comment

I really miss is moving my units with my arrow keys instead of my mouse. Great name, Godzilla.
      I don't know what I've been told!
      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
      Love to press the Buster Switch!
      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Workers do change in Civ4, at least once when you hit the Industrial Era, and you can still move units with the arrow keys if you want to..

Comment

I miss the length of the game compared to the "epic" of Civ IV, and all of the extras that the Rise and Rule mod have.
          "I aspire sir, to be better than I am" - Data

Comment

Rosevelt's clothing and background bugs me to no end ..its so wrong for most of the game..jesus hasnt been born yet and he is wearing suites...

I miss the culturally appropriate city architecture from civ2...egypt would be pyrimids..rome would be columns asian would look asian...ect ect
            Lincoln's Gettysburg address has 226 words, The Ten commandments has 296 words. The US dept. of agriculture's order setting the price of cabbage has 15,269 words

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7
              I really miss is moving my units with my arrow keys instead of my mouse. Great name, Godzilla.
              You mean the numeric keypad. You can still do that. Just remember to have <Num Lock> on.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What I really miss is the hability to construct you palace. It's always nice to think "my people loves me" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah5
                  I miss the length of the game compared to the "epic" of Civ IV, and all of the extras that the Rise and Rule mod have.
                  Is possible in Civ IV to have a never ending game like previous ones ?

If I won't buy the game

Thanks a lot

Gunter

Comment

Originally posted by Gunter
                    Is possible in Civ IV to have a never ending game like previous ones ?
                    Yes. If you play a custom game and turn off the "Timed" victory option, the game will keep going and scoring until one of the other victory conditions is met. Even then, you can keep playing - the game just won't score anything else.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I miss PW *smack!* oh yeah, that was CtP.

I miss cruise missiles

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Yes. If you play a custom game and turn off the "Timed" victory option, the game will keep going and scoring until one of the other victory conditions is met. Even then, you can keep playing - the game just won't score anything else.
                        Thanks mate,

this is a good news for me

Gunter

Comment

Cruise missiles from Civ3 - they were good for anti-ship homeland defense. And sometimes it was just fun to take a stack of them and thump the snot out of another city.

Paratroops - they were always good for a suicide: Paratroop-to-behind-the-front-lines-moununtaintop mission, to destract the enemy while you went for the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunter
                            Thanks mate,

this is a good news for me

Gunter
                            No problem.

Come to think of it, I suppose you could turn off ALL the victory conditions and just play until you felt like being finished.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Wasnt there in the first civ game a way that if someone launched the spaceship before you, you could build a faster one that would overtake it? Or is it one of those "wish mistaken as memory" that I often get?

Comment

Working...
                              X