Gunships are great, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunships are great, but...

First off, I'm delighted Cavalry turn into gunships.
    No more disbanding a large cav army after they
    become obsolete, like in CIV 3.

And they are great pillagers and good against
    tanks.

But, anybody have trouble actually SEEING the
    damn things ?
    I've got one (a bunch really,but you only see 1 unit
    if they're not banded together) directly below
    an enemy city, on a forested tile, and they are
    practically invisible ! This, off course, leads me
    to completely forget they are there, so when it
    comes time for a war, they'll either be ignored or
    picked off by the enemy.

Same thing with Artillery, but a bit less so.
    "Would you people please try to remember that I am EVIL !?"
    - Spike

they need to fix the static gunship model. the animated one is ok, but nobody *i* know has those turned on.
    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Use your F5. Select Gunships and their locations will be shown. You can click on one and you will be taken there on the map. Repeat as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        Use your F5. Select Gunships and their locations will be shown. You can click on one and you will be taken there on the map. Repeat as needed.
        I missed to one sentence:
        "Use your F5. Wait 5 minutes. Select..."

Comment

Originally posted by Handel

I missed to one sentence:
          "Use your F5. Wait 5 minutes. Select..."
          ROTFL!!!!!
          HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not found
          Internet Information Services (IIS)

Comment

I have trouble. Picking things out on that map aren’t always easy, gets crowded. I find it’s just easier to hit “skip turn” for some units. I put a Hindu Missionary to sleep when an Open Border got shut down. He gets pretty hard to see when he rolls into a ball, or sits cross legged, or whatever it is they do. I was surprised to find him some years later sitting there basically hidden.
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

He was probably just as surprised as you were.

Comment

Missionary: The war’s over? What do you mean the war’s over? How long was I asleep?

Me: Hard to say. Lost track of you for a good while. Few decades at least.

Missionary: De … cades? Okay, no problem. Let’s just finish spreading the Good Word in China.

Me: Um. There is no China. Just us and Japan on this continent. And good luck getting you in Japan. Nobody gets in Japan. Like I said … I lost track of you for a good while.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Finarfin
                  He was probably just as surprised as you were.

Comment

the real funny thing is leaving a missionary at rest in a foreign continent with theocracy and no state religion, and when you remember about him the whole continent has been already converted by the zionists
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                    X