No announcement yet.

Reference-list for (undocumented) interface features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think when they say draw here, they mean 'create'. I'm pretty sure they are only rendered as they're uncovered.

Comment

anyone been able to successfully change their default name in the 'Game details' menu? (ie so when you start a game it picks up a usefull name) The menu allows you to change it but asks for an admin password?

Comment

elui:
        "game details" is for the game name. you'll want to use the "player details" for you own player's name.

you can access both with shortcuts:
        ALT-D for player options
        ALT-SHIFT-D for game options

not sure why you were asked the admin password unless you set it some time earlier (or 1.52 introduced a default password)
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

i have tried setting that - but next time i play its gone again and im back to my 'dell' name. I was thinking that because i dont put in the password it doesnt change it permanantly? The admin password box has 4 asterics in it.

Comment

Did you install patch 1.52?
            The name changing stopped after I installed it.

I get the admin password as well, and wonder what it is. And I wonder what's behind it
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

yes i did install 1.52 - i bought the game so late that it was the first thing i did.

its not critical - its just an inconveniance to have to change my name before each new game as its pulling up the machine name default.

its no matter - I just hacked the civ4.ini file - and that seems to have done the trick i was just curious about the password

Comment

Originally posted by TheHateMale
                I think when they say draw here, they mean 'create'. I'm pretty sure they are only rendered as they're uncovered.
                See that's the part that gets me, both WorldPainter and Atlas go through approximately the same steps and it takes us fractions of a second to generate a map (like 0.20356 sec.).

I wonder what else is going on.

Tom P.

Comment

I don't know how "undocumented" is this, but...

The Military Advisor, F5 is really powerful.
                  Select one of the leaders and look at the panel: Every unit you are able to see (by spies, cities sharing your state religion, direct contact, whatever) is there... All in one place.
                  You can select more than one leader, and the panel will show all units, for all leaders selected. Or you can see each one isolated. Very useful feature, especially if you are far ahead in religion research, or have spies collecting info. I mean, I even changed my religion once just to see the Aztecs military, as they shared one of my religions…

See this image. I can see a lot of information about almost every unit Isabella has. (She is Buddhist, which I've founded… )

RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Correction

Originally posted by Possibility
                    Alt+G+N shows the pings to all players in a multiplayer game.
                    Actually, it's just ALT-N.

Comment

• Anyone know if there's a way of calling up all possible destinations for an active unit? The facility has been there in all previous CIVs and SMAC (which had way the best implementation.)
                      Tim Bromige

Comment

• Um, ur, how do you do screenshots?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          Um, ur, how do you do screenshots?
                          Look for a key on your keyboard that has PrtScr or something like it and press. The screenshot will go to your Game folder in another folder called Screenshots.

Comment

• Re: Correction

Originally posted by Snapster
                            Originally posted by Possibility
                            Alt+G+N shows the pings to all players in a multiplayer game.
                            Actually, it's just ALT-N.
                            I think Alt-G-N sows everybody in the entire game, Alt-N just shows your team... I think.

Tom P.

Comment

• Re: Re: Correction

Originally posted by padillah

I think Alt-G-N sows everybody in the entire game, Alt-N just shows your team... I think.

Tom P.
                              Nope, it's just Alt-N no matter who's on whose team.

Comment

• A new one which I will add: click on the tech-research progressbar to pick another tech to research
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X