Lighthouse bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighthouse bug?

According to the tool tips, the lighthouse is supposed to give +1 food to water tiles. Yet when built, there is no additional food to the water tiles near my city. I start with 2 food tiles, thne build a light house and still have +2 food tiles. What gives? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks.

It's supposed to increase it to 2 I guess. So whatever other bonus is giving you an extra +1 is apparantly not cumulative.

Comment

Fresh water get two from the start right? The lighthouse is coast tiles only IIRC (sault water only).
      Perhaps it's a little confusingly worded.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

No, I have noticed that in 1.00, when you build a lighthouse in a city that can work a freshwater lake, the lake suddenly produces 3 food, and the salt water tiles produce 2 food. Some might consider it a bug, but I can't see it doing any harm...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

There is something odd about the graphics I guess. When I look at the salt water, I see what looks like two bread icons. But the tooltip says 1 food, 2 coins. Then when I add a light house, it still is two bread icons, but the tool tip says 2 food, 2 coins. So maybe just a graphics thing I mis understood.

Comment

There's a bug in the graphics so that some of us get the two bread icon no matter what the tile actually produces.
            .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

sigh. bugs. wheres an exterminator when you need one?
              Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

What alva said. The lighthouse bonus is only for seas, not for lakes. And unless you have a resource on a water tile, it will always give 1 food without a lighthouse - so you must be confusing it with lake tiles.
                The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                X