No announcement yet.

Cannot locate DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I appreciate the help Leuenberg, it doesn't seem to have worked.

1.) Yes, I have the latest version of Alcohol 120%

2.) Yes, I've followed that sequence about one hundred times. However, the image I mount is an either an IMG or MDS file. Does that make a difference? I have another game that works fine with the MDS file, and if I'd need to make it an ISO file, I'm not sure how I'd do that.

3.) I don't have an Ignore option when the error message shows up. Actually, with some more work, I don't get the error message anymore. Just the "No CD-ROM found in the drive." I got the "No DVD-ROM found in the drive" once and I thought I was very close, but I haven't had that message since.

It's rather frustrating. If anyone could still help that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by PTL
      [snip]However, the image I mount is an either an IMG or MDS file. Does that make a difference?
      Sorry, just a bad wording: I'm also using a MDS image

Originally posted by PTL
      3.) I don't have an Ignore option when the error message shows up. Actually, with some more work, I don't get the error message anymore. Just the "No CD-ROM found in the drive." I got the "No DVD-ROM found in the drive" once and I thought I was very close, but I haven't had that message since.
      Well I wrote this message out of my mind, I will check tonight and tell you more precisely this behaviour...
      Better than playing blitz chess and piano simultaneously: Warcraft III

Comment

Thank you for the help Leuenberg. Don't worry about it too much. I think I've had enough of this game. I'll try to return my copy to the store later. I don't have that kind of money to waste on a game that doesn't allow me to play it. However, if you find a solution before then that would be great! I don't want this to be my last Civilization game...

Comment

I was (un)fortunately unable to reproduce the lone "No CD/DVD in drive" message before the XML screen

However I discovered you do not need to launch SD4hide prior to mounting the image. SD4hide run fairly well on my config (XP SP2) with the CIV image permanently mounted.

Also, it is clear the CD/DVD protection is behaving erratically, on my laptop I do not need SD4hide to run CIV

I just hope for all of us that 2K will release a noCD patch.
          Better than playing blitz chess and piano simultaneously: Warcraft III

Comment

I've installed Warlords, and worked fine. But, if I install the patch (2.08, IIRC), I receive the message "insert the correct disc in the drive "E"". without the patch, it runs normally. Vanilla Civ IV works fine.
            The drive is a LG, but I've already updated the firmware.

Any help?
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
            X