Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F.T.T.C. Interview: Bob "Sirian" Thomas (Part 3/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.T.T.C. Interview: Bob "Sirian" Thomas (Part 3/5)

`Four Times The Charm`: Team Interview Series Apolyton Civilization Site ( http://apolyton.net ) [ACS], one of the oldest and premiere online fansites for the Civilization computer strategy gaming series and its extended family, is today publishing the continuation of the story of their first "Four Times The Charm" (FTTC) series interviewee, Bob "Sirian" Thomas. This is the third part in a five-part feature with Thomas, Firaxis consultant and CivIV map scripting lead, accompanied by four screenshots from Thomas` personal image gallery.

In co-operation with Civilization IV developer Firaxis Games, ACS is bringing visitors exclusive conversations with members of the online Civilization community who have gone onto become Firaxians and work on CivIV. They feature detail about the internal CivIV beta test period co-ordinated by Firaxis, and about the individuals interviewed themselves. ACS Interview Chief `Solver` guides Thomas through a five-part discussion about the Firaxian`s involvement in CivIV`s development, the gaming community online and off and the man himself. Solver and I had a good time together, "Sirian" recalls. I think we ran somewhere close to ten hours across three days? He kept encouraging me to say more rather than less, so I went on and on. CivIV has been all positive for me. I`m very happy about how it has turned out, so it was easy to discuss at length.

Published today, the third part of Thomas` interview relates continues where the discussion was left off last time about CivIV's maps -- this time, in even greater detail including a look at Thomas' favourite types. As CivIV began to ship in North America on October 25th, Bob publicly announced his intense involvement in its development. The fourth part in Solver and "Sirian"`s one-on-one conversation is scheduled for release on November 16th.

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; November 21, 2005, 22:06.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Ok, I did not realize this:

However, if your cultural border expands out in to the ocean, you can cross safely. Any ocean plot inside your border is rendered "safe" and your ships may pass. You can also pass through the ocean plots controlled by any civ with whom you have Open Borders.

Guess I'll rethink my Archipelago strategy.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
    X