X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with game.

I installed it fine.

I set it up fine.

When the game itself starts, the whole terrian is black. I can see overlaps, such as forests, river, jungle etc. As I explore, parts of it are visiable, but not the area I explored. Example. I will send a explorer in the top right handcorner of the screen. After going about 6 turns high or so, a little tiny bit of visiability will be seen at the bottem. This is really annoying, and it means I can't see! Also, the blackness follows on the main screen, and visibility follows too. Please, anyone, help?

We can't really help much without knowing your system specs (Processor, RAM, video card, operating system...)

Comment

The most common reason I have seen for this is that your graphics does not support T&L. Perhaps your card is too old or using some cheapy onboard graphics?

Like Sabre2th stated, though, it's hard to guess without some more informaton from you.

Comment

Try going into options and turning down the graphics settings. Even though my system is well over recommended (3ghz P4, 1g ram, Geoforce 4 256 meg video) once I turned down the graphics it ran alot smoother, though SLOW, and still crashes occasionally on a wonder build.

Comment

The terrain sometimes goes black for me just before the game crashes and reboots my system. When this happens my desktop wall paper is also removed (the background remains black even after rebooting again). This does not happen until I am half way through a game on a large map (downgrading the graphics options to the bare minimum and all the other usual tricks does nothing). My specs are well above what is required:

Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
          ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb
          1gb RAM
          Windows XP (sp2)

Comment

Forgot to mention I got it fixed. :-p

Comment

Originally posted by shawdow
              Forgot to mention I got it fixed. :-p
              Well, instead of giving those who tried to help you a raspberry (some graditude you have there), why don't you be helpful in kind and share your fix. It might be helpful to Calm_Blue_Sea, for instance.

Comment

I would, but this is all the help I can give.

I went to a werbsite ti download a different graphic card.

I got the website name though by going to the live chat, so just try there. :-)

Comment

The moral of this thread is:

Update your hardware drivers.
                  I used to be Darkknight.. many many moons ago. "CTP2 is almost out!!" time.

Comment

Working...
                  X