Production Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Queue

Can someone please walk me through saving production queues? It doesn't seem to work for me. Dummy it down please.

My understanding is that you have to press ctrl-# to save it, and then shift-# to load it. Mistakenly, I thought it ment the "3" key, since that is the one with the "#". I was not thinking clearly that day, but nontheless, even with my misunderstanding, it should have worked.

I opened a city screen, made the queue in what I'll call city A. I pressed ctrl-3. I opened city B. I pressed shift-3. Nothing happened. I pressed 3, and the screen flashed, and it reinstalled city B's old queue. I went to city A, pressed ctrl-3 again. Back to city B, shift-3. I got kind of annoyed and starting pressing any combination of somthing-3 that i could think of. Long story short I could never get city A's production queue saved, but I could screw up the queue of city A B or C and have to make it again. I did this about 5 times, until I relized that the effort put into fixing the screwed up queue's was taking more time then just doing it all by hand.

My quesiton is this. Along with someone (please) restating exactally what to do to save a queue, can you only save the queue once per key? This is the only thing that I can think of to explain why I could set city B's old queue in any city (to screw it up), but could not get city A's queue to save. I must have accidently saved city B's queue. If you cannot replace the queue once save, that would explain my problems. However, since I pressed the keys as stated in the game-hints, I wonder if the keys, as stated, are wrong. This is the only way that I could have accidently saved city B.

Any help is appreciated, I'm going to start a new game and make a second city to try and figure it out myself. I probably screwed somthing up.

P.S. I know (er, guess) that ctrl-# meant any number key, not ctrl-3. Like I said, I wasn't thinking straight that day.

Hmm I didn't understand the # part either.

It seems to me you can save different queues under different numbers, like a build improvements queue under number 1, a build fighter queue under 2 etc.

I'll try it out a bit tonight.

Comment

Haven't tried this, and I can't play the game right now, but... I think I remember reading that Ctrl+a Number saves a group of units that can be selected again by pressing that Number. Like in an RTS game. So maybe Ctrl+Shift+a Number saves a queue, and Shift+the Number retreives it?

Just a thought, maybe I'm having a brain fart.

Comment

I've also tried everything I can think of to get this to work and I've been unsuccesful.

Has anyone managed to save a queue?

It worked fine in Civ3 (I think it was Q and CTRL-Q). It saves a bunch of time, especially after you conquer another civ and have 10-12 new production queues to create.

Comment

I tried looking around for the cure, but found the same problem on the Civfanatics forum:

The manual says that if you ctrl-# it will save your city building queue, but I can't seem to get that to work. If I do ctrl-1, for example, it will replace whatever is in my queue with worker/settler/worker/settler. Help?

Comment

Working...
          X