make civ4 for os x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make civ4 for os x

I wanted to buy this game as soon as it came out, but i soon discovered it was only for windows. I think that an osx version should be made.

haw haw...

buy a PC

macs
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Macs are 1000000000000000000000 times better than windows!

Comment

Originally posted by imac333
        Macs are 1000000000000000000000 times better than windows!
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Well, actually a Mac is only 2 or 3 times better. Actually, Windows interface has a couple features I wish OS X had, not that I can think of them at the moment.

1. It has already been announced that Civ4 for Mac is on the way, for sometime 2006.
          2. I have both platforms, but my Wintel is just for playing games; Civ4 specifically.

Comment

1. It has already been announced that Civ4 for Mac is on the way, for sometime 2006.

Been looking for the thread but couldn't find it with minimal effort.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Get a real operating system.

Comment

Wow ! The troll / usefull replies ratio of this post is only 3/2 so far. I thought it would be much higher just by reading the title of the thread. Maybe it really means that Civilization players are more thoughtful than regular computer gamers.

Comment

Pretty funny to call Windows a real operating system while comparing it to OS X, a Unix implementation, which is one of the oldest and most solid OS there is.

The only reason we use Windows is because DirectX is the de-facto standard and MS makes sure it won't work on anything except Windows. Otherwise I couldn't think of one reason not to use Linux.

Comment

Of course, since OS X will be coming to Intel anyway, I'm not sure what the argument is about. It always puzzles me when people say "Macs are better than Windows". It's like saying "Microwaves are better than Cakes". Not really comparing the same class.

But yes, I'd have moved to Linux years ago if it got all the games that Windows gets. Sadly it doesn't, so I haven't.

Bh

Comment

Asher in 3

Oh wait he doesn't like Civ4.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Mac OS X incorporates a lot of Mach and FreeBSD. The hardware it runs on is customized for the operating system. A Mac is not so much a personal computer as it is a work station. Buy a PC to hack and play games, buy a Mac to get some work done.

Civ4 will be out on the Mac in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Get a real operating system.
                          I have, but they haven't announced a Linux port yet....
                          ANY OS is better than Windoze. Even Workbench 1.3 on my old Amiga A500 has better multi-tasking!

Cambo

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            Asher in 3

Oh wait he doesn't like Civ4.
                            He doesn't? Why not?

Anyway, I'm sure he'll do a searh on Asher+Windows+Apple+Linux and eventually get here.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

He doesn't? Why not?

Anyway, I'm sure he'll do a searh on Asher+Windows+Apple+Linux and eventually get here.
                              I don't think he has even played it yet.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X