Crossbowmen more than longbows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossbowmen more than longbows?

Ok so I notice now theres a crossbowmen AND a longbowmen unit...

Now my question is... Why are crossbowmen MORE expensive to produce? Weren't crossbowmen cheaper to train, almost where any peasant could learn how to fire one in 15 minutes? Where as a longbowmen would take years of training?

So why are crossbowmen more shields to produce?

Because a crossbow requires far more than just a length of wood and some twine.

Comment

I'd like to see you win any battles with bows made of a mere lengths of wood and pieces of twine. =)

But point taken, I can see a crossbow being harder to construct than a bow.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

Crossbowmen also have a different purpose than Longbowmen, having a bonus VS melee units. Longbowmen do not.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Of course, but the question asked wasn't about the relative cost of the units in relation to their in game abilities, but rather to their real world dynamics.
          Fitz. (n.) Old English
          1. Child born out of wedlock.
          2. Bastard.

Comment

True, but remember that the priority in CIV gameplay is a priority of gameplay, not history.
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
            X