Developed a new problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developed a new problem

Today windows update decded to be helpful and downloaded new graphics card drivers.
    Due to this the game just wouldn't load, the loading bar screen thing came up but stopped on the first thing to be loaded (went too fast to read what it was) and vanished with no errors or anything.
    I reinstaleled my old drivers and now I get up to the second loading bit (xml or something?) before the window vanishes.

I've tried uninstalling, restarted the computer multiple times, opened and closed various programmes to make sure of no conflicts. All sorts.

Any clue?
    Signatures are for people with free time

I would not get any updates from Microsoft for video or sound drivers. They are usually older and although tested more, they are usually older or not what you really need. Go get a (if Geforce) driver cleaner if needed, and put in VGA mode, or doewnload drivers first, then go to VGA mode to use the Driver Cleaner if needed.

Then install the new drivers that will work good with your video card (and it does not mean the latest drivers, but may a few revisions back) and then you may even have to uninstall the game and then -- reinstall the game.

So, if nothing else -- uninstall the game and reinstall it.
    It may set the default graphics settings to what you had in your computer when you installed it or like it does a --- test -- of your computer system and sets things for the game -- accordingly on install!

Oh, a good place to look for all that stuff is:
    Guru3D.com - Your go-to source for tech news, reviews, and in-depth analysis of graphics cards, processors, motherboards, gaming hardware, and software from companies like AMD (Radeon) Intel (Core) and NVIDIA (GeForce). Stay updated with the latest trends and innovations in the world of technology .

or http://downloads.guru3d.com/
    they have more there so look around at all downloads or go to the manufacturer of your video card.

Not so smart install then perhaps, but that is all I can say about all of it.

Comment

I've tried uninstalling the game and the drivers I've installed are the ones I was using when the game was working perfectly..
      Signatures are for people with free time

Comment

Working...
      X