How do I launch the spaceship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I launch the spaceship?

I have built all the spaceship parts, before anyone else, and the game goes on.
    How do I launch it?

You need more than 1 of some of the parts. It will launch automatically when it is finished.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I built all the parts, including the ones you have to build several times.
      Catherine of Russia did the same six turns later, but no launch.
      Is this a bug?

Comment

Sounds like one.

On noble level I was able to successfully complete my spaceship (afterwards it got automatically launched) in 1933.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Were you playing a custom game, with the space race victory option turned off?
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

you probably can't build Apollo with space victory turned off.

I think you need 5 casing, 3 engine thrusters I believe. And 1 of each of the other components. It should launch automatically when you have built them all. Check the F8 screen to make sure you have them all.

Comment

Yes, I did all of the above.

Victory screen said that I had all the components. Ten turns later it said that Catherine had them all as well, but no launch.

I had to play on until the end of the turns, I was the points leader, but it was a bit of a drag.

Comment

Did you already win by UN vote or culture?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMcW
                  Did you already win by UN vote or culture?
                  No, though I had one city with over 50,000 points.

Elections in the Un did take place and it did appear that Cyrus won this, but he was never declared as game winner, and so it went on.

Comment

what year are you in? You aren't passed 2050 are you?

Comment

No, I stopped at 2050.

Comment

I thought I encountered this problem last night. I had apparently built every SS part, but the ship didn't launch.

I had all the necessary techs. No more SS parts showed up in my build list, and they weren't still being built in any cities. So it looked like I was done with all the parts, but I hadn't won yet.

It turns out I had part of a Casing sitting around in one of my outlying cities. Civ4 apparently treats SS parts like wonders; once you spend any hammers, they stay committed to that project. That project is then always considered "in production" in that city, even if you tell the city to work on a new project. This means you can't ever build that Wonder or SS component elsewhere.

This was a pain in my situation because I'd accidentally built that partial casing in one of my tiny outlying cities, for 1 turn. The next turn I realized what I'd done and switched the city to something else. But the partial casing was permanently stuck there, and I coudn't figure out any way to abandon it. (I ended up reloading from an earlier save, rather than waiting 50+ turns just to see the launch.)

Comment

There is a way to abandon it in the city screen.
                          I encountered the same problem with the university of Oxford in one of my cities.
                          Had built it for some turns in one city, but then thought to produce it in another city as this city had much more scientific output and thewrefore switched building orders in the first city.
                          Of course it remained partial built and I wasn´t able to get it built in the other cities.
                          But a few turns later I managed to really disband the project in the first city.
                          I don´t know how I had done it, AFAIR the mistake I initially made was to just bring another object into the building queue of the first city (afterwards it disappeared from the queue but remained partial built).
                          And AFAIR I successfully removed it by putting it into the first position of the queue and then removing it (looks like it still remains partial built if you remove it from the second or third position of the queue and only removing it from the first position allows you to really disband the project)

*edit:* Of course it´s the university and not the city of Oxford
                          Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 16, 2005, 09:17.
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I built it... worked just fine. When you finish the final piece, it launches automatically and the game ends right there. Check the victory condition screen to see if you have, in fact, built every piece.

Comment

Working...
                            X